gmp-4.1.3-rc1

Alex S Moore asmoore at edge.net
Fri Apr 23 21:14:22 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 07:07, Torbjorn Granlund wrote:
> The release of GMP 4.1.3 is imminent.  Please help to make this
> release as good as possible by downloading and testing this
> release candidate:
>
> Please report test results to gmp-devel at swox.com.

I build the GMP packages for blastwave.org (a Solaris project).  So I
built the packages for Solaris 8 and 9.  This includes libraries for
sparcv8, sparcv8plus, sparcv8plus+vis, sparcv9, x86 and pentium.  All
went without a hitch.  I use Sun's compiler.

I only have one application that uses the library, but it works fine
with the rc1 version.

If anyone would like to try the packages, the location for the
pre-release pkgs follows.  You do need the current libgmp pkg from
blastwave.org.  Then pkgrm CSWlibgmp and download (wget) the new ones
and gunzip and pkgadd -d <pkgname>.  I would appreciate positive or
negative feedback.

Sparc:
http://blastwave.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/csw/users/asmoore/libgmp-4.1.3.rc1-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz

x86: