Organization of multiplication functions

Torbjorn Granlund tege at swox.com
Wed Sep 17 01:26:21 CEST 2003

Kevin Ryde <user42 at zip.com.au> writes:

  I guess mpn_sqr_n, being undocumented, is only directly reached from
  mpn_mul.  Not sure about internal uses, they probably mostly go
  through mpn_mul too.

  The question might better be why kara_sqr_n etc are in with mpn_mul_n
  where they're not used, rather than mpn_sqr_n where they are.

True.

I'll reorganize this once the ongoing toom3 rewrite has settled.

  > To accomodate vector machines, we might want to put mpn_mul_n,
  > mpn_sqr_n, mpn_mul, and the various karatsuba and toom routines
  > in a single file.

  	cat */*.c | cc   :)

Good idea!

Since you're the main configure/make maintainer,
I will wait for you to enhance the build system to accomodate
vector machines with that suggested improvement.  :-)