Organization of multiplication functions

Kevin Ryde user42 at zip.com.au
Tue Sep 16 08:59:04 CEST 2003

Torbjorn Granlund <tege at swox.com> writes:

> Does anybody understand the reason for why mpn_sqr_n lives in mul.c
> while mpn_mul_n lives in mul_n.c?

I guess mpn_sqr_n, being undocumented, is only directly reached from
mpn_mul.  Not sure about internal uses, they probably mostly go
through mpn_mul too.

The question might better be why kara_sqr_n etc are in with mpn_mul_n
where they're not used, rather than mpn_sqr_n where they are.

> To accomodate vector machines, we might want to put mpn_mul_n,
> mpn_sqr_n, mpn_mul, and the various karatsuba and toom routines
> in a single file.

	cat */*.c | cc   :)