C++ interface and long-longs

Brian Hurt bhurt at spnz.org
Sat Oct 18 22:19:42 CEST 2003

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003, Kevin Ryde wrote:

> For C++ is longlong is always available?  If there's no risk of a
> missing type then I guess we could do something about conversions for
> mpz_class etc, even if initially they come out as slightly bloated
> code.

long long (two words) was added to the C99 standard- one of my beefs with
said standard.  Most conformant C89 compilers don't support long long, or
at least didn't last time I checked (it's been a couple of years since I
had an account on a non-Linux box).

So now the question is: what does the GMP development community feel about
these older compilers?

Brian