C++ interface and long-longs

Kevin Ryde user42 at zip.com.au
Sun Oct 19 09:18:13 CEST 2003

Roberto Bagnara <bagnara at cs.unipr.it> writes:

> GMP's C++ interface currently does not support constructors
> and accessors taking long-longs and long-doubles.  Are there
> any plans to relax this limitation, at least as far as
> long-longs are concerned?

The problem for the C functions is outlined in tasks.html.  I'd like
to add longlong conversions for gcc, and worry later about other
possible compilers with or without that type.

For C++ is longlong is always available?  If there's no risk of a
missing type then I guess we could do something about conversions for
mpz_class etc, even if initially they come out as slightly bloated
code.