sparc64 for GNU/Linux

Kevin Ryde user42 at zip.com.au
Fri Nov 7 09:50:56 CET 2003

"James A. Morrison" <ja2morri at csclub.uwaterloo.ca> writes:

>  Well it's possible to choose explicitly between them with -m32 and
> -m64, but I don't know a way to tell what gcc implicitly creates.

I've set it up, for the next release, to have both ABI=64 and ABI=32
for gnu/linux, like on solaris.

ABI=64 uses gcc -m64, ABI=32 uses gcc -m32.  If -m32 doesn't work
we'll assume it's an old gcc (eg. 2.95) and continue with ABI=32.

ABI=64 will be the default, since it gives better gmp speed.  Maybe
the libgmp3 package will have to override that if it stays in 32 bits.