GMP Itemized Developement Tasks suggestion

Paul Zimmermann Paul.Zimmermann at loria.fr
Tue Dec 16 13:57:14 CET 2003

   Hello,
   I'm currently implementing a elliptic curve factorization program, and I'm
   using gmp for the long number arithmetics. Currently I'm doing all
   mul/add/sub with an mpz_ function and then applying mpz_mod on those.
   Perhaps its possible to write mpz_addm() functions that do this already ?
   This may (or may not, I have not looked much at the gmp code) reduce the
   calling overhead and does not need to reallocate the used mpz_t variable,
   since it will always have a maximum number of limbs as the moduli.
   greets
   Dennis

What you want is a class for arithmetic mod n. I understand this may come
in a future release of gmp.

If your interest in implementing ecm is not just learning how it works,
you might be interested in joining the gmp-ecm development team. See
<http://www.loria.fr/~zimmerma/records/ecm-5.0.3.html>.

Paul Zimmermann