GMP Itemized Developement Tasks suggestion

Dennis Lubert lubert at sipoc.de
Mon Dec 15 15:37:46 CET 2003

Hello,

I'm currently implementing a elliptic curve factorization program, and I'm
using gmp for the long number arithmetics. Currently I'm doing all
mul/add/sub with an mpz_ function and then applying mpz_mod on those.
Perhaps its possible to write mpz_addm() functions that do this already ?
This may (or may not, I have not looked much at the gmp code) reduce the
calling overhead and does not need to reallocate the used mpz_t variable,
since it will always have a maximum number of limbs as the moduli.

greets

Dennis

PS: have you every tried to use valgrind/cachegrind on x86 CPUs to measure
speed / cache latency ?