GMP 4.2.2 released
tg at swox.com
Wed Sep 12 02:44:54 CEST 2007
Version 4.2.2 of the GNU Multiple Precision Arithmetic Library (GMP) is now
These files can also be found on a GNU mirror near you.
I'd like to thank the following people for their help with pretesting: Ismail
Donmez, Michael Abshoff, Roberto Bagnara, Sisyphus, Miki Tebeka, Guillermo
Ballester Valor, Laurent Fousse, Kate Minola, Mark Sofroniou, Benedicte
Jourdain, Miki Tebeka, Richard Guenther, Alexander Kruppa, David Fang, and
Steve M. Robbins.
The web site for GMP is http://gmplib.org/.
It cannot be said enough times: Please run "make check" after you've built
your library. And if "make check" stops with an error, do not use the
compiled library. If this happens, you've almost surely run into a
compiler bug. The first thing to try is using a different version of the
compiler. See also http://gmplib.org/.
Changes between GMP version 4.2.1 and 4.2.2
* License is now LGPL version 3.
* Shared library numbers corrected for libcxx.
* Fixed serious bug in gmpxx.h where a=a+b*c would generate garbage.
Note that this only affects C++ programs.
* Fix crash in mpz_set_d for arguments with large negative exponent.
* Fix 32-bit ABI bug with Itanium assembly for popcount and hamdist.
* Fix assembly syntax problem for powerpc-ibm-aix with AIX native assembler.
* Fix problems with x86 --enable-fat, where the compiler where told to
generate code for the build machine, not plain i386 code as it should.
* Improved recognition of powerpc systems wrt Altivec/VMX capability.
* Misc minor fixes, mainly workarounds for compiler/assembler bugs.
* "Core 2" and Pentium 4 processors, running in 64-bit mode will get a
slight boost as they are now specifically recognized.
* New support for x86_64-solaris
* New, rudimentary support for x86-apple-darwin and x86_64-apple-darwin.
(Please see http://gmplib.org/macos.html for more information.)
For the GNU project,
More information about the gmp-announce