Building from source for a specific CPU

Torbjörn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Thu Aug 31 09:59:53 CEST 2023

Nicholas Cousar <nicholas.ba.cousar at gmail.com> writes:

  I am not sure if my CPU's architecture is among the ones listed as having
  specific support. I have an Intel Core i7, but I don't see that listed
  under the x86 family in the manual:

Intel uses i7 as a marketing name, and has recycled it for dozens of
different CPU generations.

  Running ./config.guess returns "kabylake-pc-linux-gnu". Does this name
  refer to any of the ones listed above, or will I need to do a generic build?

You're fine if GMP recognises your CPU as a kabylake; GMP knows how to
choose the best code and parameters for that CPU generation.

Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622