gmp on "Apple silicon"?

Jay Freeman jay_reynolds_freeman at mac.com
Wed Apr 27 03:36:34 CEST 2022

I see from the web site that the current release of GMP probably doesn't run on Apple silicon (arm64 architecture, basically), because of Apple's reserved use of register 18. I am curious if there are any guesses as to when (if ever) this issue might be resolved.

I hasten to add that I have no wish to pressure anyone -- it is just that I have a personal project that might benefit from GMP working on Apple Silicon, and for my own planning purposes, I am curious whether the likely time frame for that to happen is short-term, long-term, or forget-about-it-term. And I understand that possibly no one knows ...

--  Jay Reynolds Freeman
Jay_Reynolds_Freeman at mac.com
http://JayReynoldsFreeman.com (personal web site)