mpz_divexact_gcd

Marc Glisse marc.glisse at inria.fr
Thu Mar 18 12:52:20 UTC 2021

On Thu, 18 Feb 2021, Mike wrote:

> While creating bindings of GMP against PicoLisp I found lost (?) function:
> mpz_divexact_gcd
>
> Somehow it exists inside project: minigmp, ChangeLog, tests, symbol in shared library.
> At the same time absent in gmp.h and documentation (html, pdf).
>
> Any comments?

It is a private function, declared in gmp-impl.h, used internally for
rationals. IIRC there were patches at some point to control the visibility
of symbols, but they were never merged, so everything is exported in the
shared library.

Why are you asking? Do you have a specific need for this particular
function?

--
Marc Glisse