Crash in 'tuneup' (6.2.1) on macOS

Torbjörn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Fri Jul 16 22:13:33 UTC 2021

"Justin C. Walker" <justin at mac.com> writes:

  I built 6.2.1 on macOS 10.13.6 (18-core Xeon W, iMac Pro).  The build
  was successful.  I changed to the “tune” directory, and ran “make
  tuneup”, and then ran “tuneup” (no arguments).

  Then I got an alert indicating that “tuneup” had crashed.  The crash
  log from the alert is attached.  The output from the build did not
  indicate (to me, at least) a problem.  That output is also attached.

Sometimes the tuneup program gives up because it cannot reliably measure
executon times.  The reason can be that the system is loaded, or that
the system kernel provides poor clock and/or cycle counting support.

Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622