It is possible to generate the libgmp-10.dll file with a different name?

Vincent Lefevre vincent at vinc17.net
Fri Oct 23 08:46:17 UTC 2020

On 2020-10-23 09:25:26 +0200, Torbjorn Granlund wrote:
> Zsolt Kántor <zsoltkantor at yahoo.co.uk> writes:
>
>   it is possible somehow to compile/link the libgmp-10.dll file with a
>   different name?Is there a configure option for that?I would like to
>   have only libgmp.dll
>
> I am sure there is a command in Windows for renaming a file.

While this is possible, it is probably not allowed, as this might
break the system. If I understand correctly, the "-10" provides
information about the ABI (like under Linux, with libgmp.so.10),
and allows incompatible GMP versions to be used on the same system.
I wonder why the author wants to remove it...

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.net> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>