what is GMPXX, and is it ever used in Windows?

Torbjörn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Tue Oct 6 08:10:58 UTC 2020

CR20 <mez283em23e2ze2 at yahoo.com> writes:

  GMPXX_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND
  GMPXX_LIBRARIES-NOTFOUND

  ...during a CGAL convex hull app configuration in CMAKE--and yet those
  GMPXX header files are visible to me inside the CGAL directory:

  gmpxx.h
    C:\dev\CGAL-5.1\include\CGAL
  GMPXX_arithmetic_kernel.h
  C:\dev\CGAL-5.1\include\CGAL
  gmpxx_coercion_traits.h
  C:\dev\CGAL-5.1\include\CGAL

  I don't know CMAKE and CGAL beyond my downloading them shortly before
  this e-mail, but I managed to get Convex_hull_3 configured on CMAKE as
  well as generated.  (I left the "CGAL_WITH_GMPXX" checkbox unticked in
  CMAKE.)  I successfully compiled the project immediately after that.

  What is GMPXX?  I'm finding little if any literature on it on the
  internet.  However
  https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Manual/configurationvariables.html says
  "Under Linux, the GMPXX is also searched for,...."  Does that imply
  that GMPXX is never searched for in CGAL for Windows (or anything for
  Windows at all for that matter)?

  Thank you in advance for any assistance/guidance.

I think you contacted the wrong devs.  We're GMP and cannot keep track
of how people integrate GMP.  Sorry.

Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622