Million digits of Pi

Tsz Wo Sze szetszwo at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 8 19:11:23 UTC 2019

This is really a good question which deserves a good answer.  But sorry I don't have one yet.
The current pi computation record is 10 trillion digits.  Therefore, checking millions of digits sounds "easy".  However, what is the best way?  How can you be sure?
I am tempted to say -- try using your pi to compute e^(i pi) - 1 and see if you get millions of zeros.  :)
Tsz-Wo    On Friday, November 8, 2019, 02:37:42 AM PST, Dr. Ing. Carlos López-Vázquez <carloslopez at uni.ort.edu.uy> wrote:

 One alternative is to look for exact formulas to compute individual hex
digits of pi by David Bailey, Peter Borwein and Simon Plouffe.