GMP used during 3 and a half years to solve MIT's LCS35

Torbjörn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Fri May 3 09:27:23 UTC 2019

  Increasing the clock frequency increases the power consumption faster
  than linear, though not fully as much as the square I am told.

While this is not the electronics-dicsuss mailing list, I cannot let
this misunderstanding stand.  :-)

The power consumption of a circuit (let's approximate it with a
capacitor!) is linear in the frequency.

The power consumption of a capacitor varies quadratically with the
voltage.

(But for circuits, one may need to increase voltage to allow enough
charge to flow as one increases the frequency.)

Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622