minor noises made by gcc and -std=iso9899:1999 with -Wall -pedantic -Wextra -pedantic-errors

Torbjörn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Wed Jul 3 10:34:01 UTC 2019

  > Indeed.  We do not re-document all compilers and their options'
  > suitability for GMP.

  You don't need. You should just stop lying by telling that GMP is
  portable. It is not.

I actually think we should keep "lying" about that.

I agree that GMP is not fully portable to the C Standard Holy Scripture,
but we never compile execute things there anyway.  Fortunately, it is
highly portable to the Real World Computers, which is what I and most
other GMP developers care about.

Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622