minor noises made by gcc and -std=iso9899:1999 with -Wall -pedantic -Wextra -pedantic-errors

Torbjörn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Mon Jul 1 11:13:12 UTC 2019

Dennis Clarke <dclarke at blastwave.org> writes:

  make: *** [Makefile:775: all] Error 2
  Command exited with non-zero status 2

  Where I know we have seen that before.

If some compiler switches yield warnings, please analyse them carefully
and if you conclude that there is a real problem with GMP, let us know!

Editing a large source base such as GMP to stay within the ever shrinking
language subset allowed by -Wall -Wextra -Wanything -Weverything, is a
wild goose chase.

  On other fronts has anyone messed around with gmpbench 0.2 lately?

  I managed to get it to compile with some strict C99 and even on a
  lowly Pentium II ( Deschutes ) machine. Just curious if anyone has taken
  a glance at gmpbench in a while?

I run gmpbench now and then.

Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622