MacOS, compile for older Macs (crash)

Torbjörn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Fri Apr 26 09:56:17 UTC 2019

Jan Wielemaker <J.Wielemaker at uva.nl> writes:

  Does anyone has a clue?  Could it be that I also need a more
  conservative CPU selection?   Suggestions?

I do.  (Have a clue, that is.)

By default, GMP uses the latest and greatest instructions of the CPU
where it is compiled.

You can override that by specifying some older baseline CPU.

But what I'd do if I were you is to doa "fat" build with support for all
CPUs.  The configuration option --enable-fat would do the trick.

Please follow up here with about whether it works or not!  I think it
works on Mac, but I cannot tell for sure.

Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622