Mini GMP Random generation.

Eduardo Sorribas eduardo at sorribas.org
Thu Jul 20 08:01:36 UTC 2017

Hey everybody!

I'm using mini-gmp for a toy project, and I wanted to generate a large
2048 bit random number, but I realized the subset of functions
included in mini-gmp doesn't include the random generation functions.
I wrote a function that just generates a bunch of random numbers,
concatenates them on a string, and then passes it to mini-gmp, but
this seems kind of wrong to me, and is definitely not the most
performant solution.

Any ideas of an algorithm to  generate random n-bit numbers with
mini-gmp? Thanks very much in advance.

Eduardo Sorribas.