configure: error: Oops, mp_limb_t is 64 bits, but the assembler code in this configuration expects 32 bits.

wk 304702903 at qq.com
Wed Jul 5 12:31:22 UTC 2017

hi,
      I compile gmp-5.0.1 on a 64 bit ARM, host OS is linux kernel 4.4.13,  an error occur, is there any advice?

      Now this linux os do not support gcc -m64, so I usually compile other souce code without -m64.
      And it seems only ABI="standard" is supported. I find if use ABI=32, it says "configure: error: ABI=32 is not among the following valid choices: standard".

 checking if globals are prefixed by underscore... no
checking how to switch to read-only data section...     .section        .rodata
checking for assembler .type directive... .type $1,@$2
checking for assembler .size directive... .size $1,$2
checking for assembler local label prefix... .L
checking for assembler byte directive... .byte
checking how to define a 32-bit word... .long
checking if .align assembly directive is logarithmic... yes
checking size of void *... 8
checking size of unsigned short... 2
checking size of unsigned... 4
checking size of unsigned long... 8