mini-gmp and scientific notation

Torbjörn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Tue Feb 14 23:28:27 UTC 2017

  > We do try to make it portable, if it doesn't work for you you might want
  > to report what fails...

  Forgive me if I am incorrect, but GMP is absolutely not portable (in the
  sense that you can package it along with your own code).  GMP must be
  downloaded, configured, compiled, installed, and set up for any piece of
  code that wants to use it (these tasks were beyond the abilities of a small
  test group of my end users).

That's a novel use of the concept of software package portability.

  Whereas with mini-gmp you only need to provide the .c and .h files with
  your tarball.

I hate to break this to you: mini-gmp.c needs to be both downloaded and
compiled too.  Or your tarball needs that.

Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622