Proper Procedure for building GMP on Windows/Cygwin

sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Sep 4 07:57:52 UTC 2015

-----Original Message-----
From: Hari H N
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 10:09 PM
To: gmp-discuss at gmplib.org
Subject: Proper Procedure for building GMP on Windows/Cygwin

> Please let me know the proper procedure to build GMP from source on
> windows/Cygwin.

For me, the instructions given at
https://gmplib.org/manual/Installing-GMP.html#Installing-GMP work fine on
Cygwin.

That is, I ran simply:
./configure

followed by:
make && make

and all went well with gmp-6.0.0 (gmp-6.0.0a.tar.bz2).

My Cygwin is:
$ uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW Owner-PC311012 2.0.4(0.287/5/3) 2015-06-09 12:20 i686
Cygwin

Someone suggested earlier that your problem is caused by an intrusive
antivirus program.
I don't know whether that could be correct, but I do know that I have *no*
intrusive antivirus program - so maybe that's worth checking.
(I do have antivirus detection that I can fire up at any time - but it
doesn't watch what I do, and it doesn't intervene uninvited.)

I've attached my config.log in case it provides something helpful to you.

Cheers,
Rob