Neon support for mpz_powm/mpz_powm_sec

Torbjörn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Mon May 25 17:31:30 UTC 2015

Robert Foss <personal at robertfoss.se> writes:

  I was wondering if there are any neon optimizations that are coming
  down the pipeline that are relevant for mpz_powm mpz_powm_sec.

  I've done some benchmarking with the current trunk, but armcortexa7
  and armcortexa7neon seem to perform identically.

The current repo code uses Neon stuff for just a handful functions, but
the most criticasl functions are done with core register instructions.

We made some tweaks to multiplication quite recently which should help
a7 slightly.

Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622