Behavior of mpf_eq near zero

tg at gmplib.org tg at gmplib.org
Tue Apr 14 10:24:33 UTC 2015

Alejandro Mallea <janoma at gmail.com> writes:

  It's still surprising to me that this wasn't in the documentation. If
  somebody is interested in my opinion, I would say the function should
  be deprecated, since its very definition depends on the internal
  representation instead of any arithmetic property inherent to the
  values they represent.

If you read the documentation, you will find two "Caution" paragraphs in
the text about this function.

I will argue that the function works as documented.  Vincent things the
documentation is not clear, but I think the main problem is that a
function with is mathematically ill-defined is hard to describe.

Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622