Permission denied on a.out in ./configure

Torbjörn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Fri Sep 19 01:20:38 UTC 2014

Clayton Daley <clayton.daley at gmail.com> writes:

  Incidentally, a fix at my end was to replace "./a.out" with "sh ./a.out" in
  configure.  The rest of the process ran fine (except, the final make

Wild.

  install since I don't have permission).  The "better" approach -- of course
  -- would have been to extend the lines that check "./a.out" with additional
  "or"s for the same files using "sh" (but I didn't need to preserve the
  original checks).

That would seem very strange, since a.out is an executable, while a
command like "sh foo" means that foo is a shell script.

Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622