GMP package signature

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at in.terlu.de
Tue Nov 18 23:00:13 UTC 2014

Hi Niels,

On 11/18/2014 10:09 AM, Niels Möller wrote:
>> The key is also not available from public key servers either (I tried
>> <https://pgp.mit.edu/>).
>
> I usually use the key servers which are default in gpg. Apparently they
> don't communicate with the mit server.

Normally, they do...

>> Could you, please, upload a copiously signed key to both sites listed
>> above?
>
> Key is now uploaded to the mit server (any hints on how to update
> gnu-keyring.gpg?). I hope that solves the problem (and don't hesitate to
> report any further problems, we really want this to work). The key was
> signed by a bunch of people at last fosdem. (Probably not too hard for a
> bad guy turn up there under my name, but I guess these key signing
> parties still are a lot better than nothing).
>
> We should probably also keep a copy of the key linked somewhere from the
> GMP download webpage. Or at least link to a keyserver that is expected
> to have the key, e.g.,
> http://keys.gnupg.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF3599FF828C67298

Right, you should do that; it would have clarified things in my case.

Also, could you please write the uid for that key somewhere on the GMP
page? Had I known that this key belongs to you, I would have found it
immediately. This is because the simple web frontend of most key servers
lets you search by uid substrings, but not by fingerprints.  :-(

Sorry, I don't know how the GNU keyring is maintained.

Cheers
   -richy.
--
Richard B. Kreckel