Unpacking lz, xz or bz2 files

Peter Clark artomishka at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 5 19:16:49 UTC 2014

Thankyou all - especially Hans "-xf" seems to have got things moving

On Wednesday, 5 March 2014, 20:04, Will Galway <galway at math.uiuc.edu> wrote:

If you ARE working from within Microsoft windows then I suggest you
consider using 7-zip, which has worked very well for me.

The official website is
  http://7-zip.org/
and you'll also find a review at CNET (do a search).

7-zip provides both a command line interface and a graphical interface.
You should note that the wildcard conventions used by 7-zip are
"quirky"--read the manual if you want to use wildcards!

-- Regards, Will