issues building gmp-6.0.0a

sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au
Sat Jun 21 02:56:03 UTC 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: Lyasoff, Andrew
Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2014 4:58 AM
To: gmp-discuss at gmplib.org

> Both `make’ and `make install’ finished, but `make check’ reported errors,
> which I am including in the attached file.

>From the config.log:

#############################
configure:29746: summary of build options:

  Version:           GNU MP 6.0.0
  Host type:         x86_64-pc-cygwin
  ABI:               64
  Install prefix:    /cygdrive/C/GMP
  Compiler:          gcc -std=gnu99
  Static libraries:  yes
  Shared libraries:  no
#############################

The "undefined references" you got will exist only for shared libraries -
yet we see above that only  static libraries will be built.

I don't know what has caused this confusion. Perhaps specifying the --build
might have something to do with it.

For a workaround you could try rebuilding
with --disable-shared --enable-static added to the configure command. (Or,
conversely, add --disable-static --enable-shared, if that's your
preference.)

Cheers,
Rob