6.0.0 crash at high precision mul?

Viktor Kletzhändler vkletzhaendler at swissonline.ch
Wed Jun 4 21:21:04 UTC 2014

Hi

I'm using GMP 6.0.0 and MPFR 3.1.2 (both static) on OS X 10.7.5, Core i7. Everything compiles and works well using the default configs.

- Calling mpfr_sin(2) at 1,000,000 bits precision works when running on the main thread.

- The same call crashes when running on a separate thread. The crash occurs at symbol __gmpn_toom8h_mul with EXC_BAD_ACCESS.

- The same call works again (on main thread and separate thread) when I use GMP 5.0.5, or 6.0.0 and lower precisions like 100,000 bits.

Since 5.0.5 does not crash, I suspect this is a problem of 6.0.0. Is there any config option I could try to fix this? Or is there a test I could run to find out what's going wrong?

--vk