`configure' Problem: Building within the GCC Tree

Torbjörn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Wed Dec 3 09:39:57 UTC 2014

Bernd Edlinger <bernd.edlinger at hotmail.de> writes:

  But in the case of GMP all this is only there to optionally build
  the demos.  And given how much trouble this AM_PROG_LEX
  caused in the past and still does, I start to think that it would
  be wise to split the GMP configure script in two parts:
  one for the library and test suite, and separate configure script
  for the demo programs.

I am not aware of any problems except for the ones reported on relation
to GCC in the last few weeks.  Our very broad internal testing has never
struck any lex problem.

I don't know which implications splitting out a new configure.ac into
the GMP demos directory will have.  And I'm afraid I don't have time to
work on this project.

Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622