Need more help

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Sun Aug 24 20:17:22 UTC 2014

"remmellabs at juno.com" <remmellabs at juno.com> writes:

> Sorry, I don't know how to install m4. I'm a newby at these things.

You said you were using fedora. I'm not very familiar with that
distribution, but it should be something like

  sudo yum install m4

or

  yum install m4

executed as root.

Maybe you have some local user group who can guide you through the
basics of installing and compiling software on GNU/Linux??

Also the gmp-bugs mail address is not for installation help. I'm
redirecting to gmp-discuss, which is more appropriate for user
questions.

BTW, you say you build GMP using

  cd Downloads
  cp gmp-6.0.0a.tar.bz2 /
  cd /
  bunzip2 gmp-6.0.0a.tar.bz2
  tar -xvf gmp-6.0.0a.tar
  cd gmp-6.0.0
  ./configure

The "cd /" above is a pretty bad idea. You should keep the build tree
somewhere under your home directory, and not use the root account until
you get to make install.