Is there a separate Windows package for GNUMP?

Akhil Anilkumar Kalathungal akhil.cet at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 18:59:28 CET 2013

Hello,

I had downloaded the gmp-5.1.1.tar.xz on my Ubuntu machine, since I wanted
to play around with the libraries as part of my thesis work.
All the commands had been working properly from the Ubuntu terminal:
./configure
make
make check
make install

etc.

However, I copied the same folder into my Windows 7 (32 bit) OS to the
folder C:\GNU_MP_Library\gmp-5.0.5\

Tried to do the commands. The ./configure command ran perfectly. However I
am having issues with the second command make.
I am attaching the copied logs from my Cygwin terminal. I am using Cygwin
in Windows which has the gcc and g++ compilers inbuilt in it.

Akhil at Akhil-PC /cygdrive/c/GNU_MP_Library/gmp-5.0.5
$ make
gcc -std=gnu99 `test -f 'gen-fac_ui.c' || echo './'`gen-fac_ui.c -o
gen-fac_ui.exe
./gen-fac_ui 32 0 >mpz/fac_ui.h || (rm -f mpz/fac_ui.h; exit 1)
/bin/sh: ./gen-fac_ui: cannot execute binary file
Makefile:1386: recipe for target `mpz/fac_ui.h' failed
make: *** [mpz/fac_ui.h] Error 1

For some reason, the target is failing for the binary file gen-fac_ui.exe.

I thought the reason was with the exe extension and hence I went ahead and
changed the macro "EXEEXT_FOR_BUILD"  in the Makefile from '' to '.exe'.
However I am getting the same build error. The Makefile that I modified is
in the same folder C:\GNU_MP_Library\gmp-5.0.5\

Can someone please assist me in fixing this? That will be a big help.

Thank You,
Akhil,
Graduate Student,
U Cincinnati