Compiler issues with Eclipse CDT

Gabriel Risterucci cleyfaye at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 14:06:30 CEST 2013

2013/6/30 Clay Codner <claycodner at gmail.com>

> I have been trying to get the GMP libraries to work properly with the
> Eclipse CDT. Unfortunately, I am new to both and could use some help. I
> have been able to get Eclipse to recognize the header files while writing
> the program and as an include file. Now I get a whole list of errors
> involving the sparc64 files, which is curious since I'm on Windows. Can
> anybody tell me how I might fix this? It feels like I have made progress,
> but either the compiler or linker seems to be very mad.
>
> Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers - 64 bit
> Version: Juno Service Release 2
> Build id: 20130225-0426
>
> Windows 7 Pro / Intel Core I5 / 8GB
>
> GMP 5.1.2
>
> From the problems tab:
> Description Resource Path Location Type
> no such instruction: `fmuld u32,v32,r64 C FIXME not urgent' mul_1.asm
> /GMPTest/gmp-5.1.2/mpn/sparc64/ultrasparc1234 line 383 C/C++ Problem
> no such instruction: `ld [%i5+%i2],%f3 C read low 32 bits of up[i]'
> mul_1.asm /GMPTest/gmp-5.1.2/mpn/sparc64/ultrasparc1234 line 382 C/C++
> Problem
> no such instruction: `c 01' mul_1.asm
> /GMPTest/gmp-5.1.2/mpn/sparc64/ultrasparc1234 line 385 C/C++ Problem
> no such instruction: `faddd p32,r32,a32' mul_1.asm
> /GMPTest/gmp-5.1.2/mpn/sparc64/ultrasparc1234 line 384 C/C++ Problem

​​The process to build GMP is described in the manual:
<http://gmplib.org/manual/Installing-GMP.html#Installing-GMP>

You have to first build the library, install it in your development
environment, then build your program.​​ If you just scram every files in
eclipse CDT, it will blindly try to build everything including optimized
assembly for all supported architectures, which won't work. It will
probably miss a few define directives needed to build correctly.

For more information on using a gcc-like environment on windows, you should
read about mingw and msys or cygwin.

--
Cley Faye
http://cleyfaye.net