tuneup -f parameter

Clay Codner claycodner at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 15:30:37 CEST 2013

>From the GMP manual:

 "The tuneup program takes one useful parameter, ‘-f NNN’, which instructs
the program how long to check FFT multiply parameters. If you're going to
use GMP for extremely large numbers, you may want to run tuneup with a
large NNN value."

 - What is considered a large NNN value?
 - What are the limits for NNN? Is it limited to 3 digits?
 - How does the value relate to the FFT multiply parameters?

I can think of no situation where the two sentences in the GMP manual would
be considered documentation.