GMPbench plans

Sam Rawlins sam.rawlins at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 22:54:54 CET 2013

Hi All,

GMPbench [1] is currently at version 0.2, released in Spring 2009. I don't
see any plans for extending or improving GMPbench, either on its own page,
or the development plan pages. Does anyone have improvements in mind?

In particular, I'm wondering if there is any intention for GMPbench to, in
the future, test _all_ of the GMP interface (bit-fiddling, number theoretic
functions, etc.), or if it is intended to remain a summary benchmark suite.

One non-trivial price to expanding it, of course, is time. If it were
written at some point to test dozens of interface methods, I can't imagine
it running in less than half an hour...

Similarly, in the "applications" group, should any other common/short
applications be included alongside pi and rsa?

[1] http://gmplib.org/gmpbench.html

--
Sam Rawlins