Installation in non-standard location

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Fri Oct 12 13:44:00 CEST 2012

Carl Christoph Jung <Carl_Christoph.Jung at Reutlingen-University.DE>
writes:

  could somebody please tell me, which -I and -L directories have to be used
  during compilation and which .so file has to be added if I am installing the
  library in a non-standard location? I am using C++. Could you please also
  tell me how to install in a non-standard location?

We answer these questions in the fine manual, which comes with GMP.  The
manual is also available online from the gmplib.org website.