Use of the __GMP_CC and __GMP_CFLAGS macros

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Thu Oct 4 08:08:01 CEST 2012

"Steve M. Robbins" <steve at sumost.ca> writes:

  Dear Torbjorn: if you had followed the discussion, you would see that Debian
  is not adding complication.  Debian is building the packages exactly according
  to the gmp process.

But then why isn't it working for the exact intended purpose of these
macos?  We want these macros to be useful for their purpose, right?

If documentation that leaves room for misunderstanding is the reason
behind the current situation, then I would be glad to clarify it.