GMP's Speed

Chris Osborne chris.osborne at gmx.com
Sat Mar 10 12:39:49 CET 2012

Well I'm on a 64-bit linux so I'm just going to make the program check the size of the variable and use long or gmp where appropriate, should give a major boost in speed for numbers smaller than 2^64, and I'll see how it goes from here, we want to build a database going up to numbers with around 10^6 digits, so I should expect gmp to be quite useful.

 Thanks for the advice