GMP 5.0.5 build fails with tcc due to x86_64 asm (unknown register...)

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Wed Jun 20 21:31:19 CEST 2012

Paul Leyland <paul at leyland.vispa.com> writes:

  It's friendly, helpful, needs implementing only once and gives a strong
  hint that the person might do better to use a more powerful compiler if
  the explicit advice is not followed for whatever reason.

Things are easy to implement and maintain when you don't intend to do
the work yourself.

It is not easy to test for every possible brokenness of any compiler or
assembler people come up with on this planet.  It is not easy to
maintain it.

We have long list of useful GMP improvements; I will spend my time on
those.