GMP for NIOS ii

Masti Ramya Jayaram rmasti at inf.ethz.ch
Mon Jul 23 12:18:39 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am a new to GMP and I am currently trying to cross-compile it for use on a NIOS ii processor. I see that there is GMP has no special support for NIOS but I see that there is a generic 32-bit compilation that might work. I am not sure what configuration to use because I see that GMP relies on a number of system headers (e.g., unistd.h).

More specifically, I require GMP to work with applications that run using the HAL (hardware-abstraction-layer) interface of NIOS rather than on an OS (like linux, Win).

I was wondering if anyone has attempted to do this before - it would be great if there is any information of the feasibility of doing this.

Thanks in advance for your time!

best,
Ramya