Question about citing the gmp library

Zimmermann Paul Paul.Zimmermann at loria.fr
Tue Jul 17 14:01:51 CEST 2012

       Hi,

>   I'm currently using this library for a scientific project, and
>   naturally I would like to cite it. In your site, I didn't find any
>   citation reference which I could use to cite you.
>
>   Can you please refer how should I cite your library?  I would suggest,
>   according to this e-mail, that you could provide a "citation"
>   somewhere, so people could use it.

I myself use the following BiBtex entry (please adapt to the version you use):

@Manual{Granlund12,
  title = 	 "{GNU MP}: {T}he {GNU} {M}ultiple {P}recision
		  {A}rithmetic {L}ibrary",
  author = "Torbjörn Granlund and {the GMP development team}",
  edition = 	 "5.0.5",
  year = 	 2012,
  note = "\url{http://gmplib.org/}"
}

Citing software tools such as GMP with full bibliographic entries is better,
since it increases their visibility in scientific documents.

Paul Zimmermann