cross compiling gmp

bodrato at mail.dm.unipi.it bodrato at mail.dm.unipi.it
Tue Feb 14 08:32:39 CET 2012

Ciao,

Il Lun, 13 Febbraio 2012 8:29 pm, Mike Mohr ha scritto:
> I'm attempting once again to run the GMP test suite on my target device.

> I think I've successfully built the test suite binaries as follows:
>
> make check TESTS=check

Good. You do not need to write "check" after "TESTS=", but it is OK anyway.

> However, that isn't enough by itself; they have to actually run on the
target device.  I have a way to transfer the binaries (actually any

I'm not an expert in the testing procedure, but I'd try to simply run them.

> Yet another problem is that the target system doesn't have bash.  As a

I'm sure that the testing suite does not depend on bash...

> result, several of the scripts (e.g. tests/t-bswap) will not run

... and on my system "file tests/t-bswap" tells me that it is a binary
executable.

> correctly.  If there is some documentation regarding how to run the
> actual binaries by hand, I'd really appreciate a link.

I believe that most of the binaries allow some parameter specification,
but they'll perform a standard test if you run them with none.
Moreover I believe that almost all failures would be easily detectable
(the test-program writes something, or it crashes, or it "loops
forever"...).
But this is not documented, i.e. there can be some tests (in the current
or in other versions) that behave differently.

http://bodrato.it/papers/