Portable and compile ver of GMP

Joerg Arndt arndt at jjj.de
Wed Dec 19 18:55:06 CET 2012

* Sam Rawlins <sam.rawlins at gmail.com> [Dec 19. 2012 18:06]:
> On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 2:52 PM, <bodrato at mail.dm.unipi.it> wrote:
> >

> > The paper you refer to reads: "We considered two versions of GMP. The
> > first was the compiled version of GMP which is highly optimized for the
> > underlying microprocessor. The other was the highly portable version of
> > GMP". Right?
> >

> Are there any links to this paper? I think we're all in the dark unless we
> know what is being talking about.

I strongly advise to not look at the paper, it is written in Word,
a sure sign of certifiable insanity.

Unfortunately I did peek and now have to figure out how to rinse my
memory with hospital grade bleach.

In case the morbid curiosity is overwhelming:
  http://www.chrec.ufl.edu/pubs/FPL07-G5.pdf

> > What do the authors mean with "portable version"? We should ask them.
> >

> Yes, I think the authors are the only people qualified to answer that
> question.

For an interesting definition of "qualified" ...