Portable and compile ver of GMP

Vy Bui 01bui at cardinalmail.cua.edu
Tue Dec 18 17:59:44 CET 2012

I read one paper and they compare their work with two versions of GMP, I
know how to use "compiled GMP" which (in that paper) has lower execution
time as the data size increases because it uses different algorithms, and
adaptively switches from a slower to a faster algorithm depending on the
data size and according to certain thresholds while the "portable version"
doesn't have that. Is it true?

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 2:42 AM, Torbjorn Granlund <tg at gmplib.org> wrote:

> Vy Bui <01bui at cardinalmail.cua.edu> writes:
>
>   I heard that GMP has portable and compile versions. I want to compare the
>   performance between these two but I don't know how to install (or use)
> the
>   portable ver. Do anyone know how? Please let me know. Thank you so much.
>
> There is no such division, whatever "compile versions" means.
>
> If you want to learn how to compile GMP, I strongly recommend the GMP
> documentation.  I feel confident that you can locate that, perhaps using
> a search engine.
>
> --
> Torbjörn

Best regards,