Discrepancy in measuring performance?

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Mon Apr 2 22:30:16 CEST 2012

"William E. Skeith III" <wes_zilla at yahoo.com> writes:

  I installed GMP myself, so the system wide /usr/lib/gmp* libraries are
  the ones I compiled.

That's not the location where GMP would normally install things.

  I checked the SHA1's from /usr/lib/ vs. those in src/.libs/ and they
  are not the same, but I think this is because the packager has
  stripped some things out.    The ones in /usr/lib are slightly
  smaller, and the timestamps are a few minutes later (after make, the
  tests took some time to run, and only after that were the libraries
  installed... or so I think, anyway).  Could something have gone wrong
  there??  I can try to repackage, or just copy the libraries directly
  and try again.

Perhaps it's easier to exlicitly link with .libs/libgmp.a?