Feature request: Base 94

Sam Rawlins sam.rawlins at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 15:56:31 CET 2011

Hi Ariel,

This is a fairly... unique request. I don't see a lot of motivation to
include this in GMP. Your best bet for introducing into GMP is to code up a
patch yourself. The existing code to accept up to base 62 is pretty neat
and not too complicated. It would be a fun exercise, extending it to 94.

That being said, even if you present a patch, I wouldn't get your hopes up
that this would be incorporated into GMP. Ultimately, you may need to just
forever compile a customized GMP, or use your patch as an external .c file
in whatever C code with which you are using GMP.

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 8:23 PM, Ariel <asgmp at dsgml.com> wrote:

> Feature request:
>
> Please extend GMP to handle up to base 94, which is all the visible ASCII
> characters.
>
>        -Ariel

Sam Rawlins