Google Summer of Code project: GMP bindings for Parrot

Bob Kuo bobjkuo at gmail.com
Mon May 16 21:55:36 CEST 2011

Hello,

My name is Bob Kuo and I am participating in this year's Google Summer
of Code for Parrot[1], a multi-language virtual machine.  My
project[2] aims to provide bindings to the GMP library so that any
language implemented on top of Parrot (Perl 6, Ruby, JavaScript,
Python, to name a few) can use GMP easily.  The code will be open
source and hosted on github[3].

I was wondering what version(s) of GMP should I support?  I currently
have 5.0.1 on Mac OS X 10.6 but from what I understand the API is
relatively stable and backwards compatible.

Thanks,

Bob

[1] - http://www.parrot.org/
[2] - http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2011/bubaflub/1