Fixpoint Atithmetic / Fractal Calculation Speedup

Jürgen Hochwald jh at cfjh.de
Sun May 15 15:42:19 CEST 2011

Hello,

I've a self written fractal programm to calculate a zoom animation. Currently
all calculations are done with the mpf_t types.

Mpf_t means (I think) that the numers are normaisized to some internally
format after each calculation and before each addition/subtraction (like IEEE
754 for normal floating point numbers).
My thougths are to speed up the calculation when I have a fixpoint arithmeic,
where all normalisation steps are omitted.
My question: How is a fixpoint arithmetic possible (by using low level
functions) or planned?
How many speedup will this bring?
--
Jürgen